November Roses… Part I

Sunday, June 6, 2011 . 36 comments . Posted in General

The grand highway is wet with the downpour. The sky is still set to pour. And the clouds cover the whole hills in gray.  A blue car sped uphill, with its fog lamps on. Each bough on each turn danced with the breeze. And the lightening echoed with the sound of a soft thunder luring him to stop near a dale that lured many voyagers. And the sign board in green which was written with the phrase “Speed kills” turned to yellow with the reflection of fog lamps. He stopped the car near the edge of a cliff, unlocked the doors, turned off the lights, and walked out towards the end where sky touched the mount.

He is Richard. Richard is a musician who sings blues and plays guitar. Sunday is just a day away. And it is 2 p.m.

His long black coat and his rough hair are soaked with the light rain. His grey beard and his pale eyes spoke about the pain that he carried over the years he lived. There is a story in everyone’s life. Some say them through their art. Some bury them in their heart. He sings blues, and shed tears. Richard, like the rest, had a story. But he never focused on his pain. His strength was his pain that he carried with him like a radio – to hear or feel, and find his muse. When the skies start pouring heavily, and the lightening gave way to the thunder, and the leaves flew away with breeze, he stood still, thinking of a day that shook him seven years ago.

It was the day it all happened. It was the farewell night. It hurts to recall farewell nights. For Richard knew what that day could have done if everything worked as per his dreams. And to him a dream is like a castle made of sand in the beach. People crave it so beautifully, until the sea buries them all in her. The time just flew as the birds migrated from one sky to the other. Thirty minutes past two. He still admires the dale. And his body is wet, and he is feeling cold. The echoes of the distant hill lure his passion. Every bell that rhymed from the other hill pulls his desire to swim to the moon. He loved the light that came down from the moon which swept the wet roads in pearl white. Even the streetlamps get shunned by its glory. Then the mobile phone rings. He walks towards the car, opens the door and takes the call. And the silence drops in while the rainwater drips in. His body is cold. But his heart is warm. He spent with the other person on call for another thirty minutes. And the time is 3 p.m. He has promised to perform a musical concert in the same place from where he was graduated. But this time, there will be no known faces around to listen. There will be strangers and broken hearts around.

As the rain stopped from pouring, and the fog ascended the earth to color the place in peace, he started his undone journey towards the hill. Forty miles – away. And the music player played a song that they used to listen all the time. When it sang the same old song, the time travelled back seven years ago. And the scenes recurred in his memories.

Hello?

Is there anybody in there?

Just nod if you can hear me.

Is there anyone at home?

Come on, now,I hear you’re feeling down.

Well I can ease your pain

And get you on your feet again.

Relax.

I need some information first.

Just the basic facts

Can you show me where it hurts?

(To be continued…)

What a start,I was anxiously waiting for this. The way you have actually described the whole scenario,is so real,I can just close my eyes and picture the whole thing.That is what makes a great writer,someone who can take you there,in his words,make you lose yourself.You have left me wanting for more..and I have to read this several times before I can reach the actual depth..

• N J

Thank you! I wanted to post the whole thing together, but I couldn’t edit the last part. So I guess, I’ll post the second part in 2 days time. Great to know your view on this fiction.

2. Hansika

A pleasure to be back,and a pleasure to read this.The best part about your writing I feel is,that just about anyone of any age can relate to it.Just like this story has unfolded..I am looking forward to the next part.

Thank you Hansika. Do visit again! 🙂

3. Frannie

Oh my…flashback to 7 years ago…and I’m so anxious to know what that moment was. Your stories mesh so well and unfold in such a magical way. Biting nails for the next part! Andale! 😀

Thanks dear! 🙂 I hope you’ll like the next/last part. 🙂

4. Heena

superb start Nj. The way you described the whole scenario its seems just so real people can imagine the whole thing while reading itself. The way you described each and every moment in it is amazing. I just cant wait to read the next part and i know it will be just as beautiful and amazing and capturing as this one is. God bless you NJ

Thank you Heena! Appreciate it. Will try my best to make it interesting. 🙂

• heena

most welcome NJ. its not that you have to try whatever you write is always interesting for us to read 🙂

Thanks dear! 🙂

It is always with great joy that I come to your page for a visit. I’ve been looking forward for november roses ( which actually came out on June)… There’s a recurring theme on your fiction… on pain and memories…I’m glad that your protagonist is an artist. I could relate so much on his character :).

The recount is vivid and your words just flow smoothly… It’s truly a talent. I’d like to know how much time you’ve spent on creating such story…

Anyhow, as I, along with the others, await for the final (or are there more parts to it?) revelation… I’ll enjoy reading and rereading this part until it becomes a part of me…

Keep the energy up 🙂

• N J

Thanks dear friend for the kind words. Haven’t spend much time on writing it. It depends on my mood. 🙂 I’ll surely try and wrap it up by next part. I wasn’t satisfied with what I wrote as the second part, so I guess I’ll have to re-write it. 🙂

6. sweta

Thanx for the ”November Roses”.

Anytime 🙂

7. Poet Love

Beautiful start…the scene, the flash back of seven years, the flying birds, the wet roads ..wow NJ I loved it you make me lost somewhere in the scene, I was there and all of a sudden it came to me “To Be Continued” ..lol but I am now irritable and anxious that what’s next??? Don’t make me wait and come up soon with part 2 🙂

Amber, hope to post it soon. Thanks dear! 🙂

8. Azah

luvly start ….go on dun stop ,we r listening ,listening as the radio….:)

Like a radio, yeah! Heh 🙂 thanks Azah. 🙂

Not much to say…
    One word – Brilliant ! 🙂

Thanks dear. 🙂

10. Vijay

Excellent!

🙂

11. Wales

Superb!

Thanks bro! 🙂

the thorn pricks
    i look at the beautiful roses.
    my heart skips,
    every inch of your praises.
    when you stand by me
    at the edge of the cliff,
    guarding a free fall,
    wonder, who you are? why you are?
    are you there to pluck the roses?
    stop me bleed and revert the
    hurt, the pain, the ignorant phases?

That was beautifully written. Liked the poem. Thanks Friend! 🙂

13. amanjyot

Keep the good stuff coming…I could actually imagine all the things written…wet highway…soft thunder…the fog … Each bough on each turn danced with the breeze. it really captivated me but..when you actually got into it .. u find a to be continued thing.:)…waiting eagerly for part II NJ…

• N J

Hope that you will like the last part too. 🙂

14. Kehkashan

as always left me speechless..wow..in born talent..play of words..n the picture carved is so beautiful..N J..keep it goin..awaitin the 2nd part!!!

Thanks a lot dear! 🙂

15. Rama chandra Menon.

I could get to read Richard’s mind and its thought because of the beautiful words crafted by NJ paved the way to his mind.A well painted canvas of nature’s emotions and man’s thought.NJ,keep producing the work of art on human mind.

Thank you Ram! Hope you will like the part 2. 🙂

16. Aline Natasya

NJ.. oh well. nothing I could say more other than.. “I wish I have so much talent as you in writing fiction.” You brought us to our imagination. Great ink

Thanks a lot Aline. 🙂

17. shelley

..u know.. going thru your stories….its like living with them…..can’t say or rite so much like other friends of ur’s ..only i can every time you write u touch my heart..and soul..love it…