Oath

Sunday, August 8, 2011 . 33 comments . Posted in General

Old ornaments on an empty sill

Glitters and diffuses

Upon a piece of note in print on Sabbath

But the scarlet shawl lay beside the bed

Swung by the cold breeze

Led from the crossroads of a vacant land

Left unseen to focus on the next

For the black ink on the white sheet, read

These rolling stones on the stream

And the untouched castle on the coast

Savors the soft touch of her endless love

Hither, this way, let us blend or blind

And get set, to wet with undying spew

Of an endless night’s hazy sprinkle

Hither, this way, let us flee or get chained

By the side of that meadow

Where you and I,

Shall set ourselves free

From woes

And

Endless ache…

1. Sonal

Hey, I’m the lucky one to post the first comment on it….really happy reading your poem after two weeks..I guess I’m just back in time :)….loved each and every word of it as I am indeed out of ” an endless night’s hazy sprinkle” to set myself “free from woes and endless ache..” The Lantern is burning bright once again to spread the light of happiness!!!!!

Thanks dear! 🙂 The Lantern will shine again. It’s just the matter of time. 🙂

2. Harish

Man, you are good.

Thanks a lot Harish. 🙂

3. rimly

Beautiful as always. If only we could flee from our woes and endless aches…..

• N J

I guess, all of us wish for the same. Today or tomorrow… Flee from woes… Yeah!

Beautiful,poignant…like lyrics once again….a lot of depth in the words,a lot of passion is visible,Love has its own time, its own season, and its own reasons from coming and going.It is is not something you feel. It’s something you do.If you have it [love], you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have. Your words have a nostalgic feel to it…going back in time,two minds without a single thought.Your poem,NJ,shows love as the emblem of eternity,as it confounds all notions of time, effaces all memory of a beginning, all fears of
    an end….I love this one from my heart,it will always remain special to me.

• N J

Loved your take on it. The kind of freedom we may experience can never be replaced with the love we urge to feel. 🙂

5. Namrata

I could see the scarlet shawl lying beside the bed…

Oh yes! It’s still lying beside the bed. 🙂

That was very good poem once again…. very good choice of wrds and beautiful flow …. as if coming out with an ease and release …. wonderfull!!!

Thanks dear! 🙂

7. Jan

Love this. Quite beautiful

Thanks Jan! 🙂

I understood it in a different way…am I the only one?

Tanto appassionato….

Everybody wants to experience the thrill of a lifetime… that we all wish will never cease…

• N J

grazie! 🙂 I guess a poetry should speak more than one meaning. Anyone should be able to relate with it. I’m glad that you found another meaning from it. *smiles* dear! 🙂

9. Poet Love

NJ I love the title it goes so well with the poem where two make a promise make a pledge, where there is a perfect love….NJ I love the trow of words, perfect poetic language…well written and the picture is so beautiful….<3<3<3
    Thou ought to be nice, even to superstition, in keeping thy promises, and therefore equally cautious in making them. ~Thomas Fuller

10. N J

Thanks Amber! 🙂 An “Oath” is much needed in everything. 🙂 Loved the quote dear.

11. Azah

beautiful oath 🙂

🙂

12. shelley

.. as always..u write so well ,, love it , <3.

Thanks much! 🙂

13. Kriti

NJ love everything about your poem but mostly the visual aspect of it. I can see every element in it. The ornaments, the shawl, the meadow – what a beautiful experience!

14. N J

Kriti, Thanks friend. Have been to your blog. Great work. Keep writing. Visit again. 🙂

15. Shanayaa Kumar

‘Black ink on white sheet’….. Isin’t Life all about Shades…? Life may have many Shades but 4r Me…Life is all about 2 Shades…. & dat is, ‘Black & White’.

Life is all about colors! Black and White mostly. Thanks friend. 🙂

16. Soorya nath

Beautiful…:)

Thanks dear! Appreciate it. 🙂

17. Abhisek

Life is all about good and bad,happy and unhappy,Love and hate..but still we have to complete the journey.If only we could flee.
    When The Hear Speaks

True! Life is all about it. Very well said. Thanks bro! 🙂

‘blend or blind’………the best part of an oath with deep understandings that frees the pain, the woes and turn backs to life with a new meaning of growth. growth and power of soul connectivity through an OATH. loved the OATH with a nostalgic touch of graceful words.

19. mj

chained…..conceited.terrific piece of work

20. preethi

i could just visualise and feel all that you have said in it..!!!its so simple yet so deep,