Humanity by Simran Kaur

Tuesday, August 8, 2011 . 52 comments . Posted in General

When God created humans
He gave birth to eternity
He created humanity for our survival
Moulding us with love, care and affection
When I was a little girl
I found myself dispelling away from humanity.
For me the priority was myself
Assembling happiness I forgot the dispersing pain around
Later on I learned from my mother what love is
From my father what care really means
My friends taught me what is trust and amity
As I grew up I found myself in embrace of humanity
Beholding me together with the bond of emotions

Many great men sacrificed their lives for the sake of humanity
Mahatma Gandhi’s step of non violence made us free
Showing us the path of humanity with ethos
Mother Teresa’s unconditional love and care
Implemented the existence of humanity
Nelson Mandela engendered equality with equanimity
Evading away racism disparities
Humanity sustained nature’s beauty

But what now..?
Questions are uprising into my mind,
Where has that humanity gone?
Why does one human have feeling of hatred for other?
Why there is so much anger?
I found myself depressed in this mean world
I started my search of Humanity
And when I stopped wandering
I looked within myself and found humanity
Tarnished with the bulk of anger, and selfishness

I re-ventilated the windows of humanity within my heart
And felt at peace
Do not search for the humanity
Its within you….

You need to recognize and feel it
It has always been there…

Blog Link : http://myfriendshipsimran.blogspot.com

1. SonaLee

i loved it,thanks Nithin for sharing it with us! ♥

Thank you so much Sonalee for stopping by 🙂

good wrk!

Simran,I am so happy to see you here…my youngest and most special blogger…You have written this post with so much honesty,and its so very sensitive..with is your trade mark.Yes,u are right,we need not go far,just need to look within ourselves to find humanity.
    The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

• simran kaur

I’m so happy to see your praising words .They are so precious for me .. It’s you and your love made this possible. Your believe in me forced me to pen down my thoughts. Liked your comment 🙂

Love you ,Alps 🙂

4. sulekha

Simran,

Your poem sums up all the posts on humanity so aptly. I just love the way you have put your feelings down so honestly.It’s a real treat reading your beautiful poem on humanity.

@Sulekha,
      Thank you so much for appreciating my work .. your words encourages me to write more and more ..

5. Portia Burton

Oh,Simran,so tender a girl and so profound!I was thinking on the same lines!So now there is no need of me penning anything on this topic.Witrh this post of yours there should really be full stop.
    -POSH

@Portia

I went outside yesterday after four straight days of working. It really had my head throbbing and my spirit anesthesized… I finally went out yesterday, and felt so human… so connected to other people. Humanity is, within ourselves and yet we have it fully expressed in relation to other people… for what is compassion, care, love, peace, if not directed to others as well?

I love your sensitivity towards yourself and humanity at your young age :)… Keep nourishing it little one… much love :*

7. Manisha Bhatia

Simmi baby ths one s soo simple n yet so elegant…Well done sweetheart…love…:)

@Manisha ,

8. Geeta Singh

Where has that humanity gone? really a very nice poem,, well expressed sim…liked it a lot!
    Thanks for sharing 🙂

@Geeta,
      Thank you 🙂 .. Glad that you liked it!

9. simran kaur

@Melissa , Dear one 🙂
    Thank you so much ,Dear one for evaluating your thoughts and praising me …Love and hugs !!

10. Kathir Maya

Simran, you are rocking, very nice poem on humanity.. Keep writing.. Best Wishes for you.. 🙂

@Kathir,
      Thanks for appreciating and for wishes 🙂

11. Louise

Well thought & well wrought my lovely friend… it does indeed get depressing to think about the state of the world, but it takes an insightful soul to realise that it is within ourselves to change things…thank you Simran 🙂

@Louise,
      I’m agree with you my friend..A deep deliberation is needed~

12. Someone is Special

Simran,

You have said it all in your poem. very thoughtful and powerful take on humanity. The poem touched my heart 🙂 B

13. Someone is Special

Simran,

You have said it all in your poem. very thoughtful and powerful take on humanity. The poem touched my heart .. Bless you..

Someone is Special

Someone is Special,
      Thank you so much dear … Happy that you can feel the depth of my thoughts .

14. Monu Awalla

Well done simmi.. simple yet so effective.. Hope u get as many readers as possible on this 🙂
    @Nithin- liked ur gesture of promoting some meaningful posts.. 🙂

@Monu,
      Thank you dear …. I hopes the same 🙂
      And lucky to have such wonderful readers like you ..

15. Faye

Weee. i like this one! “I re-ventilated the windows of humanity within my heart. And felt at peace. Do not search for the humanity.Its within you” It really inspired me. 🙂

@Faye,
      Glad you liked my work and inspired by 🙂
      Thank you so much..

16. Corinne Rodrigues

Simran I love the depth of meaning in your words….so many questions we need to ask ourselves. And the resolve of “I re-ventilated the windows of humanity within my heart” makes me want to do the same too…Thanks for sharing. Hugs ~ Corinne

@Corinne,
      I wish , everyone thinks like you and also implement over ..

17. riya kedar

wow nice poem simran gud work 🙂

@Riya,

18. Bhawana

Powerful write and beautifully expressed.I love the way you landed with this authentic poetry.Keep up the good work.

@ Bhawana Bua
      Thank you so much for appreciating and encouraging me at every step 🙂

19. vaisakhi

simran this is amazin…..very sincere and honest write i would say filled wid a sense of deep thought n realization of reality….i loved the thought…..:)

@Vaisakhi,
      Your words made my day..
      Thank you my friend ..

20. Valli

Awesome work Simy!!
    Yes, humanity lies within you….:)
    Drag it from the heart and just feel it..:)

@Valli,
      🙂 Yes, I did the same ..and wish it be happen the same with others too ..Thank you

21. Sumit K C

You have taken up a very sensitive topic 🙂 Nicely written and well explained at the end, about where to find humanity. Yes its within 🙂 Great post SImran looking forward to more… You are becoming mature tih time 🙂

@Sumit,
      And I was waiting for the words you mentioned here ..It’s a big compliment for me 🙂
      Thank you ..

22. Sneha K

Simran, beautiful poem no doubt about it. But I want you to keep this poem close to your heart and in same way humanity close to your soul. Never change, be as your are…
    Take Care

@Sneha K,
      Sure dear 🙂 .. I’ll never change myself with others ..
      And will never let go humanity away…

23. Mari Sterling Wilbur

You are so wise! This is an excellent piece presented thoughtfully and well written. Thank you for sharing it!

@Mari,

a very nice poem on humanity, sim. loved the way you explained it through your eyes

hugs and love:)).

@Sancheeta,
      I’m happy that you liked it through my eyes 🙂

Hugs and Love to you too

25. Hema Nimbekar

Ohhh…Wow… Simran What a poem is it…While i was reading it….I relate it to few of my poems(hindi) on humanity and unity as if you extract all from them and make a new blended one….

u r such a sweetheart…..u r really a younger and excellent writer i hv known…..

Thanks for sharing and i would also like to thank Alpana di for encouraging u to write and share your thoughts such beautifully…

26. simran kaur

@Hema di,
    Wow! I’m so happy and surprised to know that all of them I blended ..
    Thank you for such a lovely compliment..I’m blessed and Honored!

My Special Thanks to Alpana and Nithin who gave me such a wonderful opportunity to put my thoughts before others 🙂

Love you..

27. GvSparx

Ah! Nice write up…
    there’s certainly some humanity missing …

28. Abhishek

Nice poem Sim.. I really like this POEM a SUPER dUPER LIKE
    <3 <3 <3 🙂 🙂 🙂

29. flory

hi smiran… very impressive article…. i was just searching the net for some nice things to b written for my assigniment… on humanity..found yours…got some points….

30. rhea

i am blown away ! 😀 😀 grt piece of work !
    to be appriciated 🙂 no full stop please on this talent of urs ! 😉 grt !